3.31.2005

Red Faces in a Blue State


Blue state, Blue states
Minnesota discriminates
Red man, Red men
Turning into Dead men

Blue state brain-damage in a Red woman
Father killed himself already
Boy commits assaults so deadly
Red mother barely got a mention


While false prophets rock-and-roll
About just one White woman's soul,
The Great White Mother**** flies in from the ranch
Signs laws for one woman; cuts funds to Tribes,
Equality 'cuz no one has a chance.

Starved, abandoned, overstretched,
Their culture wanes, no safety net.
Poverty, bad food, bad boozes
Now it's bad blood that oozes
From a Red waif who'd lost his last place in the world.
No hope, no school, no dad, no mom,
Just ask Emily Dickenson!*
THAT'S IT!!
The Red child's only way to say
"You can't fire me, I quit."


*This is my letter to the world,
That never wrote to me,--
The simple news that Nature told,
With tender majesty.
Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!
by Emily Dickenson

1 Comments:

At 3/30/2005, Blogger HL said...

Well put. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home